I've written about it here and here, but if you are a new reader today, let's just say that FRENCH KIDS EAT EVERYTHING is a gold nugget in parenting books. I was so honored to illustrate it, and I have been so pleased with how well it's done in the couple weeks that it has been out.
In an effort to reveal how certain cultures teach their children about food....both directly and indirectly....Karen le Billon guides us through how to help our families slow down and notice our ways of eating and thinking about food, and how to help our children have happier and healthier eating habits. From focusing on whole foods, quality family dinner time, why we eat what we do and how, Karen makes the argument that at least in the French culture, children have a much different relationship to food than the average American child.
“A wonderful—and important—book. One family’s topsy-turvy culinary transformation becomes an in-depth exploration of the habits that have kept French kids loving food (and eating spinach) for centuries.” (Elizabeth Bard, author of Lunch in Paris )
I loved illustrating this book, and how happy it was to do! Karen's approach to the book is witty, humorous and fresh...which was so fun to illustrate! http://youtu.be/BK13a-Ywi7E
Today, I’m giving away 1 signed (by me) copy of the book!
Here’s the scoop:
1) Leave as many as 4 comment below: one regular comment, and 3 with the information about your facebook/Pinterest activity:
2) LIKE Karen's Facebook page and leave another comment with the update
3) LIKE my giveaway post on FACEBOOK and come back here to comment with the update
2) Entries will be closed at midnight Eastern Standard time
3) Check back tomorrow to see who the winner is
4) And, if you can right click one more time, spread the word the best way you know how: Twitter, Facebook, Good Reads, Like it on Amazon, tell your kid’s school teacher…Let’s keep the book industry stay alive, shall we? It’s a struggling world out there on many levels, and books haven’t been spared. Sharing the love, even just with a click, can make such a difference!
**only comments on this post will be counted, so make sure to comment about your other activity....thanks!**
**COMMENTS CLOSED** Congrats to Janey #90!