This past weekend, we picked a few bushels of basil from the garden, and made several batches of pesto that we hope will last us a long time! Many of you inquired about my husband's pesto recipe. Here it is:
2 cups fresh basil (packed down)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
2-3 garlic cloves
1. In a food processor, PULSE the basil, pine nuts and garlic.
2. SLOWLY add the olive oil while it is mixing in the blender
3. Add the parmesan cheese
4. Mix thoroughly and dash in salt and pepper to taste
5. Keep refrigerated or freeze
6. TIPS ON FREEZING: freezing in ice cube trays creates portion size cubes perfect for spreading on sandwiches and salads. After they are frozen in the trays, transfer to a freezer bag for freshness.